Sorakkai / bottle gourd helps to reduce the inflammations in the liver and kidneys.
Helps in easing the problems related to constipation.
The water and fiber in bottle gourd makes the digestive system free and active.
Bottle gourd helps to treat urinary tract infections.
Also good for weight watchers.
|Sorraikkai / Bottle gourd||1 medium size|
|Channa / chickpeas||1 cup|
|Moong dal/pasi paruppu||½ cup|
|Tomato||2 medium sized|
|Chili powder||1 inch|
|Dry red chili||½ cup|
|Mustard seeds||1 tsp|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp|
1. Peel, wash and chop the whole soraikkai into small cubes.
2. Wash and soak the moong dal for half an hour.
3. Wash and soak the channa / chickpeas (can use boiled channa also).
4. Chop the onions and tomatoes finely.
1. Pressure cook the chopped sorakkai, soaked moong dal, soaked/boiled channa or chickpeas with little salt and turmeric powder.
2. Cook upto 4 to 5 whistles and keep separately.
3. Heat a kadai with 1 tbsp of oil.
4. Season with mustard seeds and cumin seeds, wait until it splutters.
5. Add chopped onion, garlic, curry leaves and dry red chili, then fry for a while.
6. Now add finely chopped tomatoes and hing, cook until tomatoes become mushy.
7. Add in spices – chili powder, turmeric powder and salt.
8. Cook until the raw smell goes off.
9. Pour the pressure cooked sorakkai mixture into the pan.
10. Mix until well combined and pour little water, then let it boil for another 5 mins in low flame and mix well.
11. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
12. Serve this tasty soraikkai kondakadalai kootu with rice or chappathi.