Pudhina / Mint is very good for digestion.
|Pudhina / Mint Leaves||125g|
|Tomato||1 medium sized|
|Garlic||1 whole pod|
|Green peas||½ cup|
|Paneer / cottage cheese||150 g|
|Coconut Milk (concentrated)||1 cup|
1. Wash the rice and soak in water for 10 mins.
2. Cut the onion thin slices.
3. Grind Pudhina leaves, green chilies, ginger and tomato, grind these ingredients into fine paste and keep aside.
Note: Can cook pudhina rice in both pressure cooker and pan.
Both are one pot style.
1. Heat a wide pan with 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp ghee.
2. Season with cinnamon and cloves.
3. Add peeled garlic and sliced onion, then fry until it turns golden brown.
4. Now pour the grounded paste of pudhina to the pan.
5. Cook until the raw smell of this pudhina paste goes off.
6. Add cooked green peas or rinse the frozen peas and use.
7. Cook the mixture for a while and add turmeric powder and salt.
8. Mix well and make sure the raw smell of the mixture goes off.
9. Time to add 1 cup thick coconut milk and 3 cups of water.
10. Add paneer and mix well, check the salt and adjust.
11. Let the water boil, then add rice and mix well, then cover with lid.
12. Let the rice boil for 3 mins and put the flame to low and cook for another 10 mins with lid.
13. Check and mix the rice in between without breaking the rice.
14. If needed sprinkle little water(1/4th cup).
15. Once then rice is cooked, put off the flame and leave the rice to set for another 20 mins with lid covered.
16. This is very tasty and healthy recipe.
To cook in Pressure cooker:
Use pressure cooker and do all said above.
Once you put the rice. Close the cooker and before the 1st whistle comes, simmer the flame and cook for just 8 to 10 mins. Cook in Pressure cooker: Use pressure cooker and do all said above. Once you put the rice. Close the cooker and before the 1st whistle comes, simmer the flame and cook for just 8 to 10 mins, Put off the flame and wait until the pressure goes down. Put off the flame and wait until the pressure goes down.