Urad dal/Ulundhu Congee is good for health, especially for bones. It is easy to prepare and highly recommended for girls in teenage. It is good for bone health.
You can have it for breakfast or dinner and it can be digested easily.
Try it at your home and enjoy this healthy and delicious Ulundhu Congee with your family.
Serving: 4 pax
Preparation Time: 10mins
cooking Time: 30mins
|Whole Urad dal||1 cup (skin peeled).|
|Freshly grated coconut||3 tbsp|
|Cardamom powder||1 tsp|
Break or grate the jaggery and add 1/4th cup of water to it and boil. Once it dissolves, filter the mixture to get rid of dirt from the jaggery syrup.
This will be little sweeter, if you like to have less sweet you can reduce 1/4th cup jaggery. Keep the syrup aside for later use.
1. Wash the urad dal thoroughly and soak for at least 2 hrs.
2. Blend the urad dal into a fine paste along with freshly grated coconut.
3. Mix this urad dal paste with 3 cups for water. Keep it little watery.
4. Take a heavy bottom vessel and transfer the mixture to that vessel.
5. Use burner stove or induction stove and boil the urad dal congee.
6. Keep stirring the urad dal congee continously, otherwise it will stick on to the bottom of the vessel.
7. Let it boil for at least 8 – 10 mins.
8. Once urad dal congee is cooked well, then add the jaggery syrup to the urad dal congee.
9. continue stirring and now add the cardamom powder.
10. Mix well and once congee reached the correct consistency, turn off the flame.
11. Serve the congee hot and enjoy.