|Samai rice||1 cup|
|Grated ginger||1 tsp|
|Chopped Corriander leaves||few|
|Mustard seeds||1 tsp|
|Dry red chilies||3|
|Split Urad dal||1 tsp|
|Split Channa dal||1 tsp|
|Salt to taste|
Wash and soak the Samai rice in water for ½ an hour. After ½ an hour drain the water and set the Samai rice aside.
1. Chop the onions and potato.
2. Heat oil in the pressure pan. Season with mustard seeds, split urad dal, channa dal, dry red chilies and curry leaves.
3. Saute for a while until it crackles.
4. Add onions and fry well, then add potato and peas.
5. Mix everything well and add salt and turmeric to the mixture.
6. After the vegetables are well coated with spices and oil, add 2 and half cup of water.
7. Let the water boil. Now add the samai rice, check the salt and mix well with spatula.
8. Cover the pan with cooker lid and put the whistle.
9. Cook in medium flame upto 3 whistle.
10. 15 minutes later remove the lid and mix the Kichidi.
11. Transfer to another serving bowl and garnish with chopped Coriander leaves.
12. Serve it with onion raita or chilli sauce.
You can use other vegetables also. Use any three combinations of vegetables.
Like potato, carrot and peas or carrot potato and beans.
Use vegetable of your choice.
Samai kichadi is a tasty and healthy dish.