|Cauliflower||1 medium size|
|Turmeric powder||1 tsp|
|Mustard seeds||½ tsp|
|Split urad dal||1 tsp|
Cut the cauliflower into flowerets, make sure it is not too small so that it will not get mashed while cooking. Boil 3 cup of water with little salt and turmeric. Once it started to boil, put off the flame and put all cleaned flowerets into the bowl and cover it for 10 mins. After 10 mins drain the water and keep the cauliflower aside (By doing this process, the worms in the flowerets if any will be killed and that will become safe for us to eat)
1. Grind the coconut and green chilies into fine paste.
2. Heat oil in a pan and season with Mustard seeds, split Urad dal and Curry leaves. Make sure everything crackled.
3. Now add the grounded paste to the pan and add ½ cup water.
4. Saute for a while and then add the flowerets to the mixture.
5. Mix well without breaking the flowerets.
6. Keep the flame in medium or low and cover the pan.
7. Stir or mix in between and check salt and adjust.
8. Once the cauliflower and the masala is cooked, and the cauliflower is well coated with the masala then switch off the flame.
9. Transfer the Cauliflower perattal to the serving bowl.
10.This delicious side dish is for rice and chapatti.
I am sure you will love it