Couscous is low-in-fat, low-in-calories and is a slow-release carbohydrate which means it takes longer to release energy in the body which will keep you full for long hours. Ready in just 5 mins, it’s also much quicker preparation than your standard side dish. It’s best option for breakfast.
|Green Peas||1/4 cup|
|Lemon Juice||1 – 2 tbsp|
Rinse 1 cup Couscous with water and soak it for ½ an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan with 2 tsp of oil/ghee. Add chopped green chili and saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and fry, then add crushed garlic and ginger and saute well.
- Add carrot and green peas, cook until it is soft.
- Add chopped, deseeded tomato and cook with vegetables.
- Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Once vegetables are cooked, add soaked and puffed Couscous to the pan.
- Stir until it is well combined with other ingredients.
- Cover with lid and cook for 5 mins in low flame.
- Add 1tbsp of lime juice and mix.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
- Serve tasty vegetable Couscous with raitha.