Mung bean is one of the richest plant-based sources of protein. Green gram dal is packed with vast reserves of thiamine, riboflavin, folate and B complex vitamins that are valuable for women health. The richness of folate lowers the risk of neural tube defects, autism, stroke and heart disease. Controls High blood pressure is a risk factor for heart disease and stroke.
Foxtail millet has high quantity of fiber forund. High in Calcium Content: Foxtail Millet is rich in Calcium which is very important for maintaining your bone health. It also contains vitamin D. Eating Foxtail Millet helps fight diseases such as osteoporosis and could reduce risk of fracture.
|whole green moong dal/Pachai payaru||1 cup|
|Foxtail millet/Thinai||1/2 cup|
|Ginger||1 small piece|
1. Soak Pachai payaru /green moong dal and foxtail millet/Thinnai rice overnight.
2. Before soaking, please wash it thoroughly.
3. Add green moong dal, foxtail millet, green chili, onion, ginger, coriander leaves, salt, jeera/cumin and fenugreek seeds to the blender.
4. Grind them finely without adding water.
5. Transfer it to a bowl and add very little water if needed.
6. Heat a tawa and grease. Pour the pachai payaru batter onto the tawa and spread thinly and smear oil. Let it cook for 3 mins or more.
Serve this healthy and very tasty Pachai Payaru Thinnai dosa with chutney of any other side dish of your choice.
Watch the video here. Like it! share it! Subscribe it!