|Little Millet / Samai Rice||1 cup|
|Moong Dal||½ cup|
|Ginger||½ inch grated|
|Jeera / Cumin||1 tsp|
1. Wash Little millet / Samai rice and soak for ½ an hour.
2. In a pressure cooker, add ghee or oil and heat in medium flame.
3. Add cashew nuts, pepper, jeera, grated ginger and curry leaves.
4. Now add the soaked millet and moong dal.
5. Add 4 and ½ cups of water(including the water used to soak little millet / samai rice).
6. Now add salt to taste.
7. Close with lid and put whistle.
8. Cook until 3 to 4 whistles.
9. Once the pressure is released completely, open the pressure cooker lid.
10. Add 2 tsp ghee and mix.
11. Serve the tasty, healthy and silky millet / samai Pongal.
12. Serve with sambar or chutney.