Milagai Podi is great side dish for Idli and Dosa. Idli Podi is taken with fresh Gingely oil. Podi is made with lentils which is very good source of protein
|Black Urad Dal (whole Urad dal with skin)||1 cup|
|Channa Dal||1 cup|
|Dry Red Chili||1 cup (tightly packed)|
|Curry Leaves||3 strands|
1. Heat a pan in low to medium flame.
2. Dry roast whole urad dal until it is aromatic. Don”t burn it.
3. Transfer it to a big plate and let it cool down.
4. Then dry roast channa dal until it is aromatic and transfer to the big plate.
5. Make sure everything you roast in the low to medium flame.
6. While roasting flax seed, do it in low flame until it starts popping.
7. It will splutter very fast.
8. Also transfer to the big plate.
9. Also roast curry leaves and hing.
10. Add to the plate and let everything cools down.
11. Now add all the roasted ingredients to the mixie jar with salt to taste.
12. Grind it to coarse powder.
13. Tasty and healthy podi is ready to serve.
14. Podi is eaten with fresh gingely oil as a side for idli and dosa or any other south Indian tiffin.
Please watch the video here, like and share