Make a healthy poori with Sprouted Green moong dal.
Whole Wheat flour
Sprouted Moong Dal
1 inches stripes
Oil to fry
Salt to taste
Wash the green moong dal and soak it overnight, next morning drain the water, close it and keep it aside for until next day to get the healthy sprouted green moong dal. It has lots of health benefits. Lets make delicious and healthy sprouted green moong dal poori.
1. Blend the Sprouted Green moong dal, Green chili and ginger in a mixie jar with/without adding water. Both can be done.
2. Mix this mixture with Whole Wheat flour, salt and 1 tsp of oil, and make a soft dough.
3. Knead the dough soft and keep it aside for 30 mins.
4. Make small balls and then roll it for Pooris.
5. Heat enough oil in a kadai and fry then pooris.
Tasty and satisfying MURUNGAKKAI CHAPEES with simple ingredients and super taste.
1 medium sized
Red chili powder
Dry red chili
2 medium sized
Split Urad dal
Hing / Asafoetida
Salt to taste
1. Grated Coconut ¼ cup 2. Fennel seeds 1 tsp
Cut drumstick into pieces each about 2 inches length. Boil 2 cups water in a bowl, then add salt, turmeric and drumsticks. Cook drumsticks until it is soft and keep aside with water. 1. Heat oil in a pan. 2. Add mustard seeds, split urad dal, dry red chili, curry leaves and hing, saute few seconds. 3. Then add chopped onion and add little salt and fry until it turns light golden colour. 4. Now add chopped tomatoes and cook until it is mushy, then add turmeric powder, chili powder and salt. 5. Let the raw smell goes off. Now add the cooked drumstick along with the water which is used for cooking. 6. Let it boil for few seconds and add the grounded paste(coconut and fennel seeds). 7. Don’t add too much water, because this has to be thick semi gravy. 8. Mix well until combined. Cover the pan with lid and cook with low flame, so that the drumstick will absorb spice and salt. Check the salt and consistency. 9. Once the masala is cooked well, switch off the flame and transfer the gravy to another pot and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. 10. Serve with Rice.
Wash and soak the Samai rice in water for ½ an hour.
After ½ an hour drain the water and set the Samai rice aside.
1. Chop the onions and potato. 2. Heat oil in the pressure pan. Season with mustard seeds, split urad dal, channa dal, dry red chilies and curry leaves. 3. Saute for a while until it crackles. 4. Add onions and fry well, then add potato and peas. 5. Mix everything well and add salt and turmeric to the mixture. 6. After the vegetables are well coated with spices and oil, add 2 and half cup of water. 7. Let the water boil. Now add the samai rice, check the salt and mix well with spatula. 8. Cover the pan with cooker lid and put the whistle. 9. Cook in medium flame upto 3 whistle. 10. 15 minutes later remove the lid and mix the Kichidi. 11. Transfer to another serving bowl and garnish with chopped Coriander leaves. 12. Serve it with onion raita or chilli sauce.
You can use other vegetables also. Use any three combinations of vegetables. Like potato, carrot and peas or carrot potato and beans. Use vegetable of your choice.
Cut the cauliflower into flowerets, make sure it is not too small so that it will not get mashed while cooking.
Boil 3 cup of water with little salt and turmeric.
Once it started to boil, put off the flame and put all cleaned flowerets into the bowl and cover it for 10 mins. After 10 mins drain the water and keep the cauliflower aside
(By doing this process, the worms in the flowerets if any will be killed and that will become safe for us to eat)
1. Grind the coconut and green chilies into fine paste. 2. Heat oil in a pan and season with Mustard seeds, split Urad dal and Curry leaves. Make sure everything crackled. 3. Now add the grounded paste to the pan and add ½ cup water. 4. Saute for a while and then add the flowerets to the mixture. 5. Mix well without breaking the flowerets. 6. Keep the flame in medium or low and cover the pan. 7. Stir or mix in between and check salt and adjust. 8. Once the cauliflower and the masala is cooked, and the cauliflower is well coated with the masala then switch off the flame. 9. Transfer the Cauliflower perattal to the serving bowl. 10.This delicious side dish is for rice and chapatti.
Wash and soak chickpeas in water for 4 to 6 hrs or overnight. Pressure cook the chickpeas with little salt, turmeric and 2 cups of water up to 4 whistles. Check the chickpeas by pressing it with two(2) fingers, if it is broken softly considered cooked. Otherwise cook for another 2 whistles. 1. Slice the onions evenly, slit the green chilies. 2. Heat oil in a pan, I prefer gingelly oil, you can use other oil of your choice. 3. Season with mustard seeds, once it starts to crackle, add split urad dal, green chilies and onions. 4. Now add salt so that onions can be cooked little faster, then its time to add turmeric powder. 5. Don’t burn the mixture, cook with low to medium flame. 6. Allow chickpeas to go in, while adding the chickpeas, use the water you have used to cook them.(when you cook the chickpeas in the pressure cooker, use enough water to cook, not more than what it needs) 7. Mix well until the the spices combine well. 8. Once all the water are absorbed, adjust the salt. 9. Finally add the grated coconut and mix well.
Transfer it to the serving bowl and garnish with chopped raw onions and coriander leaves. This is simple and healthy recipe. You can make this for your Family.
Urad dal is one of the famous lentils used in the southern part of Asia, primarily in Indian cuisine. Rich in protein, fat and carbohydrates. Moreover, Urad dal is one of the most abundant sources of proteins and vitamin B. This easy lentil is full of iron, folic acid, magnesium, calcium, and potassium, which makes this dal a good health package for especially women.
Fenugreek seeds / Methi seeds
Black Pepper crushed
Salt to taste
Oil to fry
1.Use white Ulundhu or Urad dal. Wash it thoroughly. 2.Soak for 2hrs along with fenugreek seeds. 3.After 2hrs, drain all the water and grind the Urad dal smoothly in Mixer Grinder by adding very little water at a time.
Vadai dough / batter has to be thick. Transfer it to a big bowl.
Now add finely chopped onions, finely chopped green chilies, crushed black pepper and salt. Mix well.
Heat enough oil in a Kadai to fry. When it is medium hot, start making crispy and delicious Vadai. You will definetly love this crispy Medhu Vadai. Hope you find this recipe easy to make at your home.
1. Wash Red rice and urad dal thoroughly and soak it in water separately. 2. Soak for at least 4 hrs. 3. Soak fenugreek seeds also separately. 4. After 4 hrs, grind fenugreek seeds first, then add urad dal and continue grinding by adding water little by little. 5. Grind it as a fine paste and transfer it to another vessel. 6. Next add Red rice to the grinder, also add water little by little and grind, keep scraping the sides. 7. In between add salt to the mixture. Grind the rice finely. 8. Add the rice batter to the urad dal batter and mix well so that both will combine well. 9. Mix well until combined, and leave it to ferment. 10. Fermentation takes at least 10 – 12 hrs. 11. Now you can enjoy your Red rice Idly/Dosai.
Enjoy this Healthy and Tasty Idly/Dosa and stay healthy.
Instead of using 4 cups of Red rice, also can use 2 cups of usual Idly rice and 2 cups of Red rice. Taste will not be any less.
Nutritional Value It is an excellent source of beta carotene which is a precursor of vitamin A, which is good for a healthy immune system, vision, skin and mucus membrane.
Spinach is very rich in Iron that plays a vital role in the production of red blood cells. It is therefore very helpful to prevent anemia. Rich in antioxidants like vitamin C, vitamin E, beta carotene and manganese.
Baby Spinach (can use other Keerai also)
Yellow split moong dal
35gms (one fist)
1 medium sized
1 medium sized
6 nos(adjust to your taste)
Salt to taste
• Clean the spinach thoroughly with water, make sure it is clean and no sand or mud in it. • Use the leaves, If the stem is young use that too. • Clean the split yellow moong dal and soak in ½ cup of water for at least ½ an hour. Later when you use this dal use along with the water. • Chop the Onions randomly. • Peel the garlic, chop the tomato and slit the green chilies.
keep everything ready before you switch on the flame.
Now heat 1 tbsp of oil in a small pressure cooker and saute the Garlic, onion, green chilies and tomato for a while, no need to wait to turn golden brown. Saute for few minutes, then add Spinach and Yellow split moong dal with water. Add salt and turmeric to it. Pour ½ cup water(don’t use more water) and pressure cook it until 3 whistles. Let it cool down, then open it and mash it with ladle or whisk or Mathu. Transfer it to another serving bowl.
In a small seasoning pan add little oil and heat it, once it is hot add jeera(cumin), after it splutters, pour it on the Keerai Masiyal. Enjoy this Simple and Healthy Keerai Masiyal with Rice.
Add Ghee to this Keerai Masiyal Rice to enhance the taste.
Variation You can use blender to blend the Keerai Masiyal. Children will enjoy Keerai masiyal when you blend it and give. Very nutritious for them.