Blue Butterfly Pea Rice is the rice cooked with the extract of Blue Butterfly Pea Flower. It is Antioxidant rich and very good for your skin.
It can slow down the skin aging process, prevent premature aging, and improve overall skin tone and texture. Butterfly pea nourishes hair follicles, promotes hair growth, reduces hair fall, and slows down the greying of hair.
Blue Butterfly Pea can grow easily in our home garden. It is seen in the streets also. While using the flower, wash it in running water twice.
|Blue Butterfly Pea||10 – 14|
|Coconut milk||1/2 milk|
1. Take a sauce pan.
2. Boil 2 cups of water.
3. Add 10 – 14 numbers of Blue Butterfly Pea Flower.
4. Boil the water until it turns into deep blue colour.
5. Heat a pressure cooker with 1 tsp of oil.
6. Season with cinnamon and cloves.
7. Strain the flower extract and pour it in the pressure cooker.
8. Add ½ cup of coconut milk.
9. Add the ginger piece to the mixture.
10. Add salt and mix the mixture until it is well combined.
11. Let it boil, once it starts to boil add the rice.
12. Wash and soak the rice for 10 mins before adding to the pressure cooker.
13. Mix well and close the cooker.
14. Cook upto 3 – 4 whistles.
15. Let the pressure releases naturally.
16. Then open and mix the rice and plate it.
17. Enjoy the Blue Butterfly Pea Rice with spicy chicken curry or fried chicken.