Moringa leaf Roti
Moringa is nothing but Drumstick, which is rich in Iron and other nutrition.
Here, I tried to combine this Iron rich Moringa leaves in whole wheat and make tasty and healthy roti.
|Whole Wheat flour ||3 cups|
|Moringa leaves||1 cup|
|Ginger ||½ inch|
|Green Chili||2 – 3|
|Oil||to make roti|
- Chop the onion finely.
- Clean the moringa leaves in running water atleast twice and then chop then finely.
- Grate or finely chop the ginger.
- Mince the green chilies. If it is difficult for children you can avoid green chilies and add red chili powder 1 tsp.
- Use fine salt to knead the roti flour.
- Take a bowl and add 3 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Add finely chopped onion.
- Add minced green chilis.
- Also add salt and ghee.
- Now add finely chopped moringa leaves.
- Rub all the ingredients together for a while.
- Mix all the ingredients evenly before adding water.
- Add water little by little and knead the dough.
- Knead it soft and apply oil to avoid getting it dry.
- Cover and keep aside for at least 30mins.
- After 30 mins make small balls with the dough and roll then like chappathi by dusting the dry flour.
- Heat and Grease the tawa.
- Put the roti and put the rolled dough on the tawa.
- Cook the roti both the sides. Smear oil. Cook at least 2 mins at each side.
- Enjoy the Roti with side dish.
Please like, Share, Comment and Subscribe