Yellow Moong Dal or Pasiparuppu is very easy to cook. Dal is used in many dishes.
Let us make Congee with Yellow Moong Dal or Pasiparuppu. We are going to make this Congee with Jaggery, Cardamom powder and Coconut milk.
|Yellow Moong Dal / Pasiparuppu||¾ cup|
|Grated Jaggery || ¾ cup – 1 cup|
|Coconut Milk||1 cup|
- Wash yellow Moong dal / Pasi paruppu and soak for an hour. Soaking the Dal helps to cook faster and mushy. If you don’t soak the Dal, there is a chance
- Heat cooker pan with a tbsp of ghee.
- Add dal and fry until it is aromatic.
- Add 3 cups water and cook upto 3 – 4 whistles.
- Heat a sauce pan with ¼ cup water.
- Add grated jaggery and let it dissolves and boil for 3 mins. Then strain and keep the syrup aside.
- Once you opened the cooker pan, add this jaggery syrup to it.
- Mix well until it is well combined.
- Check the consistency.
- Finally add the coconut milk and mix well.
- Put off the flame. Enjoy the healthy congee