Millet or Ragi as commonly known is regularly used in the South kitchens. It’s in fact the staple diet in many villages across South India! which is quite popular there. Ragi is also a rich source of fiber and helps lower cholesterol level. – Ragi is best food for weight control, diabetes and a cooling the body.
|Ragi flour 1 cup|
|Flaxseeds 1/2 cup|
|Black sesame seeds 1/4 cup|
|Roasted Peanuts 1/4 cup|
|Grated Jaggery 1 cup|
|Cardamom Powder 1 tsp|
|Ghee 2 – 3 tbsp|
- Heat a pan and dry roast Ragi flour until it is aromatic.
- Dry roast Flaxseed/linseed, until it starts popping.
- Also dry roast black sesame seeds until it starts popping.
- Dry roast each ingredients separately and transfer it to a bowl.
- Then add all the ingredients to the mixie jar, also add roasted peanuts, cardamom powder, a pinch of salt and finally grated jaggery.
- Grind it all together, to blend all the ingredients. Check the sweetness and adjust as per your wish.
- Add ghee to it and whisk once or twice until it is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a big plate and make lemon sized ball.
- Ragi ladoo is ready to serve.
- Healthy and tasty Ragi ladoo.