Broccoli is an edible green plant in the cabbage family whose large flowering head, stalk and small associated leaves are eaten as a vegetable.
Broccoli is a good source of fibre and protein, and contains iron, potassium, calcium, selenium and magnesium as well as the vitamins A, C, E, K and a good array of B vitamins including folic acid.
|black Pepper||1 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||½ tsp|
|Mustard Seeds||1 tsp|
|Split Urad Dal||1 tsp|
1. Separate the broccoli into small florets.
2. Clean with hot water and keep aside.
3. Slice the onions.
4. Beat the egg and keep aside.
1. Heat a pan with a tsp of oil.
2. Season with mustard seeds and split urad dal
3. Once it crackled add hing and sliced garlic to fry.
4. Add sliced onions and fry until it is translucent.
5. Now add broccoli flowerets to the pan the cook until it is soft.
6. If you like it crisp, then cook 80%.
7. Add salt and turmeric powder.
8. When it is cooked, add the beaten egg on top and cover the pan for few seconds.
9. Sprinkle crushed black pepper on top.
10. Stir fry the broccoli which is coated with egg.
11. Switch off the flame and enjoy this Broccoli Egg poriyal.
Please watch the video here, like and share