Very tasty Aval Karkkandu Payasam
|Aval (medium)||½ Cup|
|Rock Sugar (un polished)||½ Cup|
|Pacha Karpuram||a pinch|
|Cashew Nuts||5 nos.|
1. Heat sauce pan with 1 tsp ghee.
2. Keep the flame low to medium.
3. Fry the cashew nuts in the ghee until it is roasted and golden colour.
4. Add Aval/flake rice and continue frying until it changes to light brown colour.
5. Now add ½ cup water and ½ cup milk.
6. Let it boil and cook the Aval / Flake rice until it is soft.
7. Now add the rock sugar / Karkkandu to the sauce pan. Let it dissolve and incorporate with the Aval / Flake rice.
8. Once the Aval is cooked, add another cup of milk, cardamom and pacha karpuram.
9. Let the milk boil and all the flavours incorporate.
View original post 21 more words