Tomato Sambar goes great with Idly and Dosa. The Tangy taste will stays in your mouth.
Tomato Sambar is easy to make and very very tasty.
|Onion||1 medium sized|
|Freshly grated Coconut||½ cup|
|Roasted gram||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric powder||½ tsp|
|mustard seeds||1 tsp|
|Red Chili powder||1 tsp|
|Fennel seeds||1 tsp|
|Split urad dal||1 tsp|
|Curry leaves||1 strand|
|Coriander leaves||1 fist|
1. Chop the onion roughly.
2. Chop 1 tomato finely.
3. Blend 2 tomatoes, roasted gram, fennel seeds and freshly grated coconut into a fine paste.
4. Cut/slit the green chili.
1. Heat a pan with oil.
2. once the oil id hot, Season with mustard seeds and split urad dal.
3. Add in cut slit green chili, curry leaves, roughly chopped onion and saute for a while.
4. Now add finely chopped tomatoes and saute well until tomatoes turns mushy.
5. Add in turmeric powder and red chili powder(here I am using 1 tsp, if you like to have spicy sambar add chili powder of your taste). cook until raw smell of chili powder goes off.
6. Now time to add in the blended mixture and salt. Mix well and add 1 to 2 cups of water and let it boil.
7. Add chopped coriander leaves and continue to boil. Boil the sambar for 3 – 5 mins.
8. Once the Sambar is thickens, turn off the flame.
9. Enjoy this tasty Thakkali Sambar with Idly/Dosa.