Pasta – No cream, No sauce.
It is not necessary that we should eat pasta with cream or sauce, we can have it as a salad too. Simple, healthy and delicious pasta salad. If you want it to be even more healthy, you can replace the normal pasta with wholemeal pasta.
Serving: 2 pax
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
|1||Pasta (fusilli)||250 g|
|2||Onion||1 medium sized|
|3||Crushed Black pepper||2 tsp|
|4||Garllic||3 – 4 pods|
|8||Italian mixed herbs||1 tsp|
|9||Olive Oil/Coconut oil||1 tsp|
1. Cook pasta as instructed in the packet or boil water with salt and oil. Once it starts boiling add the pasta and stir.
2. Pasta will be cooked within 10 – 12 mins.
3. Transfer the pasta to another bowl.
4. Add broccoli, capsicum and cauliflower veggies in the same water and cook.
5. Cook the veggies for 5 – 7 mins and take out the veggies so that can avoid over cooking.
6. Don’t discards the water completely which we used for cooking pasta and vegetables. Keep some for later use.
1. Heat olive oil/Coconut oil in a wide pan.
2. Add the finely chopped garlic and fry until it turns golden brown, add diced onions and fry (don’t fry the onions until it turns golden brown). Saute until it is translucent.
3. Now time to add the cooked vegetables (broccoli, capsicum, cauliflower), salt, black pepper and italian mixed herbs.
4. Mix well and add 3 – 4 tbsp of water, which we used to cook pasta, and cook.
5. Once everything mixed well, add the pasta and stir well until it combines.
6. Though it is very simple, but very healthy.