Kovaikkai or ivy gourd is rich in fiber, B vitamins, and iron and may help relieve occasional constipation and normalize blood sugar.
|Kovaikkai / Tindora||200 g|
|Red Chili powder||½ tsp|
|Sambar powder||½ tsp|
|Roasted Groundnuts||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric powder||½ tsp|
1. Cut the kovakkai in lengthwise.
2. Crush the groundnuts.
1. Heat a pan with a tsp of oil.
2. Season with mustard seeds and jeera/cumin seeds.
3. Once it started to crackle, add the sliced tindora.
4. Fry the tindora or kovakkai for a while.
5. Add in turmeric powder, chili powder, sambar powder and salt.
6. Mix well until the raw smell of the spices goes off.
7. Add 1 – 2 cups of water and cook the kovakkai until soft.
8. Once the kovakkai is cooked soft, wait until the water to drain completely.
9. Add the chopped roasted groundnuts and mix well.
10. Tasty Kovakkai roast is ready.