Lemon Poha is a healthy south Indian breakfast. Poha is rice flakes/beaten rice.
Poha is also light on the stomach and can be easily digested. Therefore, it can either be had as the first morning meal or as a light evening meal.
Simple recipe with great taste.
Serving: 4 Pax
Preparation Time: 20mins
|Poha / Rice flakes||2 cups|
|Sprouted green moong dal||¼ cup(optional)|
|Ground nuts/ Peanuts||¼ cup|
|Lemon||Half, Medium sized|
|Mustard seeds||½ tsp|
|Split Urad Dal||½ tsp|
|Turmeric powder||½ tsp|
Wash Poha and soak it with little water.
Chop onion finely.
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Season with mustard seeds, split urad dal and hing.
3. Then add dry red chili, finely chopped onions and saute until the onion turns golden colour.
4. Add groundnuts/peanuts and fry until it is cooked.
5. Now add sprouted green moong dal and saute for a while then add salt and turmeric powder.
6. Sprinkle some water, mix well and cook the sprouted green moong dal.
7. After few minutes add soaked Poha and mix well.
8. Stir well so that it will not stick to the pan.
9. Sprinkle some more water and cover the pan and simmer the flame and cook for a while.
10. Once the Poha is cooked put off the flame and squeeze the half lemon and mix the Poha well.
11. Now Lemon Poha is ready to serve.
12. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves before you serve.