Tasty and satisfying MURUNGAKKAI CHAPEES with simple ingredients and super taste.
|Onion||1 medium sized|
|Red chili powder||2 tsp|
|Dry red chili||1|
|Tomato||2 medium sized|
|Mustard seeds||1 tsp|
|Split Urad dal||1 tsp|
|Hing / Asafoetida||1 tsp|
|Salt to taste|
1. Grated Coconut ¼ cup
2. Fennel seeds 1 tsp
Cut drumstick into pieces each about 2 inches length.
Boil 2 cups water in a bowl, then add salt, turmeric and drumsticks.
Cook drumsticks until it is soft and keep aside with water.
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Add mustard seeds, split urad dal, dry red chili, curry leaves and hing, saute few seconds.
3. Then add chopped onion and add little salt and fry until it turns light golden colour.
4. Now add chopped tomatoes and cook until it is mushy, then add turmeric powder, chili powder and salt.
5. Let the raw smell goes off. Now add the cooked drumstick along with the water which is used for cooking.
6. Let it boil for few seconds and add the grounded paste(coconut and fennel seeds).
7. Don’t add too much water, because this has to be thick semi gravy.
8. Mix well until combined. Cover the pan with lid and cook with low flame, so that the drumstick will absorb spice and salt. Check the salt and consistency.
9. Once the masala is cooked well, switch off the flame and transfer the gravy to another pot and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
10. Serve with Rice.