Another variety of Chutney which is easy to make and tasty to eat.
Paruppu is a good source of protein for vegetarians.
|Channa dal||1/2 cup|
|Dry red chili||5|
|Grated Coconut||1/2 cup|
|Mustard seeds||½ tsp|
|Split Urad dal||½ tsp|
|Hing / Asafoetida||1 tsp|
|Salt to taste|
This is a very easy and delicious Chutney.
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the channa dal and saute until it changes to a light brown colour.
2. Add red chili and fry for a while.
3. Lastly, add the grated coconut and put off the flame and saute for a while in that heat.
4. Let the mixture cool down then grind it by adding enough salt.
5. Transfer the chutney to another bowl.
6. Heat another pan with a tsp of oil and add mustard seeds and split urad dal.
7. Once it crackles, add hing and pour it to the chutney.
8. Chutney is ready to serve with your favourite Idly or Dosa varieties.