|Chickpeas or Channa||1 Cup|
|Onion||1 big size|
|Coconut||2 tbsp grated|
|Turmeric Powder||½ tsp|
|Mustard seeds||½ tsp|
|Split Urad dal||1 tsp|
Wash and soak chickpeas in water for 4 to 6 hrs or overnight.
Pressure cook the chickpeas with little salt, turmeric and 2 cups of water up to 4 whistles.
Check the chickpeas by pressing it with two(2) fingers, if it is broken softly considered cooked. Otherwise cook for another 2 whistles.
1. Slice the onions evenly, slit the green chilies.
2. Heat oil in a pan, I prefer gingelly oil, you can use other oil of your choice.
3. Season with mustard seeds, once it starts to crackle, add split urad dal, green chilies and onions.
4. Now add salt so that onions can be cooked little faster, then its time to add turmeric powder.
5. Don’t burn the mixture, cook with low to medium flame.
6. Allow chickpeas to go in, while adding the chickpeas, use the water you have used to cook them.(when you cook the chickpeas in the pressure cooker, use enough water to cook, not more than what it needs)
7. Mix well until the the spices combine well.
8. Once all the water are absorbed, adjust the salt.
9. Finally add the grated coconut and mix well.
Transfer it to the serving bowl and garnish with chopped raw onions and coriander leaves. This is simple and healthy recipe. You can make this for your Family.