|Red Rice||4 cups|
|Urad dal||1 cup|
|Fenugreek seeds/ Methi seeds||1 tbsp|
|Salt to taste|
1. Wash Red rice and urad dal thoroughly and soak it in water separately.
2. Soak for at least 4 hrs.
3. Soak fenugreek seeds also separately.
4. After 4 hrs, grind fenugreek seeds first, then add urad dal and continue grinding by adding water little by little.
5. Grind it as a fine paste and transfer it to another vessel.
6. Next add Red rice to the grinder, also add water little by little and grind, keep scraping the sides.
7. In between add salt to the mixture. Grind the rice finely.
8. Add the rice batter to the urad dal batter and mix well so that both will combine well.
9. Mix well until combined, and leave it to ferment.
10. Fermentation takes at least 10 – 12 hrs.
11. Now you can enjoy your Red rice Idly/Dosai.
Enjoy this Healthy and Tasty Idly/Dosa and stay healthy.
Instead of using 4 cups of Red rice, also can use 2 cups of usual Idly rice and 2 cups of Red rice. Taste will not be any less.