It is an excellent source of beta carotene which is a precursor of vitamin A, which is good for a healthy immune system, vision, skin and mucus membrane.
Spinach is very rich in Iron that plays a vital role in the production of red blood cells. It is therefore very helpful to prevent anemia. Rich in antioxidants like vitamin C, vitamin E, beta carotene and manganese.
(can use other Keerai also)
|Yellow split moong dal||35gms (one fist)|
|Onion||1 medium sized|
|Tomato||1 medium sized|
|Green chilies||6 nos(adjust to your taste)|
|Turmeric powder||1 tsp|
|Salt to taste|
• Clean the spinach thoroughly with water, make sure it is clean and no sand or mud in it.
• Use the leaves, If the stem is young use that too.
• Clean the split yellow moong dal and soak in ½ cup of water for at least ½ an hour. Later when you use this dal use along with the water.
• Chop the Onions randomly.
• Peel the garlic, chop the tomato and slit the green chilies.
keep everything ready before you switch on the flame.
Now heat 1 tbsp of oil in a small pressure cooker and saute the Garlic, onion, green chilies and tomato for a while, no need to wait to turn golden brown.
Saute for few minutes, then add Spinach and Yellow split moong dal with water. Add salt and turmeric to it.
Pour ½ cup water(don’t use more water) and pressure cook it until 3 whistles.
Let it cool down, then open it and mash it with ladle or whisk or Mathu.
Transfer it to another serving bowl.
In a small seasoning pan add little oil and heat it, once it is hot add jeera(cumin), after it splutters, pour it on the Keerai Masiyal. Enjoy this Simple and Healthy Keerai Masiyal with Rice.
Add Ghee to this Keerai Masiyal Rice to enhance the taste.
You can use blender to blend the Keerai Masiyal.
Children will enjoy Keerai masiyal when you blend it and give.
Very nutritious for them.